Friday, June 13, 2014

Essays 1-03a: Personal Language Learning Stories & Plans

When I was ten years old, I couldn't use honorific words well. I spoke to seniors with not using them. I didn't know how great they were and why people used honorific words. When I went to my friend's home, I talked with her mother friendly. My mother sometimes told me to use honorific words for seniors, but I didn't do at that time.

I was poor at writing Chinese character. I couldn't remember them and use them rightly, so I sometimes use Chinese character dictionary. It is very difficult to write them. I didn't like to remember stroke order. I would like to write them freely, but my teacher told us to write Chinese characters rightly. I practiced writing them hardly. Therefore, I got full marks on the test. I was very glad. My teacher praised me. I remember them vividly.

When I was a junior high school student, I learned English. I thought It was very difficult. I didn't understand grammar at first. However, I found gradually to learn English was very fun. My teacher taught me how wonderful English was, so English became my favorite subject. 

Now, I can use honorific words better than what I was ten years old. I have a part time job, so I often use honorific words. However I am poor at writing Chinese characters now. I often use iPhone and computers, so I don't write with using hands.  Therefore, I want to write them to use hands from now on.

I have learned English in university. I use English more. Ii is very difficult for me to speak and listen to English. I was poor at listening to English very much. However, I like to use English. It is cool and to talk with foreigners is very fun. I learned everyday conversations and expressions that I didn't know. I want to be good at speaking.

I will gain English skills more in the future. I like English very much, so I want to take jobs to use English. I like children, so I thought to become English teacher is good for me. I try to study English harder.

[357words]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yuka,

    Your language learning history starts from when you were ten. I'd like you to focus as well on what happened before that. What and how did you learn even before you got to school, and in your early years at school?

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete