Monday, April 28, 2014

BR 1-02: The Snow Queen (Andersen, 1805)






Favorite Line "Her words and his melting heart brought tears to Kay's eyes too...tears which washed away the splinter there"


REVIEW
There were one boy and one girl.His name is Kay and her name is Gerda. In the world, no two friends were as close. However, he has got mirrors which devil's is in his eye and heart. He changed character since then. That day, he was taken by the snow queen. Gerda went to find him, but It was very hard. Finally, she found him. She was very glad and cried. Her tears melted mirrors 
which were in his eye and heart. He took his kindness back, and they went home.

I think they were very good friends. Gerda's feeling helped Kay. After I finished reading this, I cried a little. I like this story very much.


REFERENCE
Andersen, Christian, Andersen, (1805), The Snow Queen, London, England: Usborne Publishi
g

[171 words]




1 comment:

  1. Hi Yuka,

    Thanks for including a quotation of your favorite line from this book. However, you've left me wondering what page it's from, and why it's your favorite.

    I'm also wondering where you got the date in your reference. I don't think Usborne Publishing was around in 1805.

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete