Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essay 1-01a: Letter to My Host Family

Hello. My name is Yuka. I’m nineteen years old, studying Englsih in the university. I live in Kumamoto, Japan. I have a family of four people and a dog. My dog’s name is Moco. I like dogs very much.

 I’m very happy that I will be able to stay in your home. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

 My hobby is listening to music. I like the Beatles. In my free time, I often watch movies. I especially like “High School Musical “. I have watched it many times. I also like eating. My favorite foods are steak, hamburgers, omelets, cake, ice cream, and many other things. Please tell me about food shops which are famous there.

 When I was a high school student, I was a member of the Japanese archery club. It is called “Kyudo”. Kyudo is a very famous sport in Japan. If I go there, I want to teach about it. It looks very cool. I would like to tell about Japan more.

 I have never been overseas. This is my first time to go, so I am very nervous. In addition, I am not good at speaking English. I am worried about it. However, I am looking forward to learning about your culture. I think there are a lot of things which I don’t know. I want to understand your thinking, history, way of living, among others. Moreover, I will be able to hear English everyday. I think that my English skill will be improved. I am also looking forward to go sightseeing. I want to see streets and buildings. If I go there, I will take a lot of pictures. Please take me to the place which you recommend.

 I can’t wait to go there. I wish to spend a great time with you and I’m looking forward to seeing you.

Sincerely Yuka

 [306 words]

14 comments:

  1. Your writing fully conveyed that you are looking forward to going homestay very much. What do you want to do at first if you arrive the country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice letter! I like the Beatles too. Where do you want to go the best places in the future? Also,Your blog is very cute><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Australia and to see Great Barrier Reef.

      Delete
  3. First, I was impressed your blog's layout and it is very cute!
    Where do you want to go sightseeing the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to go Great Barrier Reef. It is very beautiful

      Delete
  4. I think you are very excellence and study hard. I want you to enjoy homestay and learn more.
    What is your recommendation beatls' song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend " Yesterday". When I listen it, I am soothed.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I looked your essay and I strongly felt your heart that you are looking forward going home- stay and learning foreign language and culture! Enjoy the home-stay!! What song is your best in songs of Beatles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of favorite songs. I like "Yesterday" the best of all the songs.

      Delete
  6. I want to play Kyudo some day!
    Shall we go to cafe at no distant date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's play Kyudo together!!!
      Yes! Please take me to the cafe which you recommend

      Delete
  7. your hobby is very cool! I don't listen any western music completely, so I'll try them someday. How often do you listen western musics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often listen to western songs when I have a free time.

      Delete